Top Beginner Electric Guitar Packages Reviewed
Looking for the right guitar to take you from total newbie to rock god? You’ve come to the right place.
We’ve reviewed some of the best beginner electric guitar packages to help you on your journey.
Learning to play the electric guitar is one of the most exciting things you can ever do. It opens new doors to higher levels of creativity.
Whether you play only for yourself or you perform on the stage, being able to hit the right note and make music with your hands is a deeply satisfying thing.
Before you get to that point, though, you need to learn how to play and for that you need the right equipment. We review each of the guitars in detail below, but for those in a hurry here are the models in our roundup:
Best Beginner Electric Guitar Packages
We understand that learning to play the electric guitar is challenge enough, so trying to figure out what gear you need to get started is an additional obstacle in your way. To help you get right to shredding, here are our picks for the best electric guitar packages for beginners:
Gibson is one of the biggest names in the guitar world, and with good reason – the company has been producing some of the most amazing guitars, most notably their Les paul collection for decades, much to the delight of guitarists, old and new, everywhere.
If you’re looking for the best beginner electric guitar, the Epiphone Les Paul Special-II LTD, which is what you get with this package, would be hard to beat. Not only do you get an excellent beginner’s guitar which includes a solid maple neck and classic rosewood fretboard that feels amazing and offers exceptional tone, but you also get the benefit of a couple of humbuckers (open-coil) which give the guitar that classic rock sound.
Included in the package is a decent Epiphone Electar 10-watt amp, which is plenty powerful enough for the beginner, and which offers a surprisingly smooth tone. You’ll also get a digital tuner, which is ideal for the beginner because it makes tuning your guitar as simple as can be.
Think it couldn’t get much better? Wrong. When you choose the Epiphone Les Paul Electric Guitar Player Package, you’ll get access to eMedia’s very clear online guitar lessons, which means you can start playing your instrument as soon as it arrives. Oh, and you’ll get all of the other extras that make getting started, like a guitar strap and picks, included into the bargain too.
- Epiphone's Les Paul Player Pack has everything you need to start playing guitar right away
- It includes a genuine Les Paul Special-II LTD guitar featuring two classic hum bucker pickups and a 10-watt Electra guitar amp with a 10ft guitar cable
- Epiphone also includes a clip-on headstock chromatic tuner, a guitar strap, medium picks, and an easy-to-carry gig bag
- And best of all for new players, the Les Paul Player Pack comes with free downloadable guitar lessons from media
Yamaha is the god of affordably priced electric guitars. When you buy Yamaha, you know that quality is guaranteed and this Yamaha Gigmaker Electric Guitar Package is no exception. Aimed squarely at the beginner, it covers all the bases and ensures that you can get started quickly while offering enough that experienced guitarists can also appreciate it.
One of the best entry-level guitars currently on the market, the Yamaha Pacific 012 is included in this electric guitar starter kit. Despite its keen price, this guitar features a cool cut-away body design made out of extremely solid agathis wood. So, although it’s solid, it’s still pretty lightweight, and can be used exceptionally comfortably by any beginner. It even boasts a bolt-on maple neck, three pickups that allow you to experiment with a wide range of tones, and musical styles, and a five-way pickup selector. The whammy bar and vintage tremolo bridge make vibrato effects possible, and the 15 watt Yamaha amp, which is also included in the set ensures a smooth delivery.
Let’s talk about the amp for a while. Featuring surprisingly advanced (but easy to use) controls for a beginner electric guitar starter kit, bass, middle, treble and volume can all be controlled to a high degree. There are even separate volume and gain controls for the overdrive channel, which makes this particular package stand out more.
Accessories include a gig bag and plectrums amongst other things, which makes this a neat little package overall.
- PAC012 Old violin sunburst
- 15-watt Yamaha amp
- Quickstart DVD
- Picks, straps, strings, tuner
The Stratocaster has long been a popular choice for beginner guitarists due to its classic design and excellent affordability. This electric guitar starter kit makes the Stratocaster and even better choice by bundling a great guitar together with all the other bits and pieces you need to get started on your journey to becoming a guitar legend.
If you’re wondering why this might just be the best beginner electric guitar package, let’s start with the guitar. The Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS is sleek, shiny and available in candy apple red or classic black. It features a beautiful sounding humbucking bridge pickup as well as two single-coils, which means you can vary the tone well. The guitar’s maple neck is sleek and lightweight, which makes handling it a dream, and the body is robust but lightweight enough as to be comfortable too.
Included in this electric guitar starter kit is a 3-month subscription to Fender Play, which breaks down the process of playing the guitar so that anyone can learn. Also included is a 15 watt Fender Frontman amplifier, which offers up a clean sound. You can connect an aux cable to the amp if you want to fire up a backing track to play along with, and there’s also a headphone jack which means that you can practice quietly when you’re just getting started, and you might not be ready to share your efforts.
Accessories include a guitar strap and cable as well as picks to help you get strumming, and a padded guitar bag, which will keep your instrument protected when on the go.
This kit can be bought to include a short or full-scale guitar, so it is suitable for learners of all sizes and ages who want to be able to play comfortably.
- Comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile
- One humbucking bridge pickup; two single-coil Strat pickups
- Vintage-style tremolo bridge
- Includes free 3-month subscription to Fender Play, padded gig bag, Frontman 15G guitar amplifier, instrument cable, instrument strap, picks
- Available in Brown Sunburst or Candy Apple Red
One of the most comprehensive beginner electric guitar packages on the market, this set includes everything you need to start rocking in one neat package. Ideal not only for beginners but also for intermediate players, this plug-in guitar boasts a beautiful maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
The included 20-watt amplifier comes with its own cable, so you can plug in and start playing straight away. With a built-in speaker, it also boasts a useful headphone jack that enables you to practice privately, and an AUX input, which means you can plug in your own media and play along to your favorite tracks. Easy to use, the amp features integrated controls that allow you to get precisely the right amount of bass, gain, treble, and of course, volume.
This beginner electric guitar starter kit also comes with a battery-powered digital tuner, which can be clipped onto the head of the guitar for ease of use. You’ll also get an instruction book that tells you how to tune your instrument, which is something you might not be familiar with if you have never played a musical instrument before, making it very useful. This along with high-performance steel strings, a comfy shoulder strap and enough picks to get you started.
Due to its design and ease of use, this could just be the best beginner electric guitar kit for children, but adults who are new to the instrument should find it to be an excellent choice too.
- COMPLETE GUITAR SET : Ultimate Starter Package Includes Full Size Guitar & All the Parts & Equipment They Need to Rock Straight Out the Box | Perfect Choice for Novice & Intermediate Players
- 39 INCH ELECTRIC GUITAR : Perfect for beginner and intermediate players Plug In Guitar Features High-Quality Materials Including Premium Rosewood Fingerboard, Canadian Maple Neck, Volume/Tone, S-S-S pickups, Knobs & More
- 20 WATT AMPLIFIER WITH CABLE : Pack Includes 20W Amp with Built In Speaker, Headphone Jack & AUX Input for Playing Along to Music on Phone or MP3 Player | Integrated Controls Include Gain, Bass, Treble, Volume & Grind
- DIGITAL TUNER & ACCESSORIES : Battery-Operated Mini Clip-On Tuner & Instruction Book Teaches Kids to Tune Their Guitar for Best Sound Quality | Kit Also Comes with  Steel Strings,  Picks & Comfortable Shoulder Strap
- GIVE THE GIFT OF BEAUTIFUL MUSIC : All-in-One Set for Dummies is a Budding Musician’s Dream | From Home to School to Lessons, Learning the Guitar Has Never Been So Easy! | Perfect Present for Christmas, Birthday & Beyond 100% | Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED we stand behind our products and pride ourselves with exceptional customer service care
If you’re trying to find the best beginner electric guitar package to get you started right off the bat, the Best Choice Products Guitar Starter Set is hard to beat. Why? Included in the set is a 39-inch electric guitar, which is well-built and easy to pick up. Constructed from classic hardwood, it has a glossy finish that ensures it looks incredible and a 22-fret fingerboard which makes life as a new guitarist as easy as can be.
As well as the guitar, you’ll get your own guitar pick and cable cord. A 10-watt amp is included and is more than adequate for any beginner, featuring as it does, controls for bass, treble, drive, and volume. A whammy bar that enables you to create that unique vibrato sound is also included.
What’s more, you’ll get a set of replacement guitar strings, which is pretty important when you’re a beginner, and you don’t know exactly how to handle the strings, which can lead to more breakages than average.
The guitar can be set up and fully tuned within an hour, even if you’re totally new to the guitar world, which means you can start playing much sooner than you might think when you pick up one of these excellent guitars.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE GUITAR SET: This ultimate starter kit includes a 39-inch electric guitar, 10W amp, amp cable cord, guitar pick, whammy bar (tremolo bar), shoulder strap, and replacement strings
- DURABLE AND COMFORTABLE: Made of a classic hardwood body with a beautiful glossy finish for lasting use, and a 22-fret fingerboard lets you play comfortably
- CARRYING BAG: Pack this guitar up in the included nylon gig bag to protect it from dust and scuffs as you take on the go
- FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL: Perfect for beginning musicians just learning how to play or for experienced artists who want a practice guitar to travel with
- AMP CONTROLS: Easily control Volume, Treble, Bass, Drive on the amp to achieve the perfect sound; GUITAR DIMENSIONS: 39"(L) x 10.5"(W) x 2"(H)
First Electric Guitar Lesson
Once you have your gear it is time to fire up the amp and learn to play. If you are brand new to the guitar, and have no idea how to start, here is a great YouTube video lesson to get you rocking:
All of the above guitar packages could easily be classed as the best electric guitar starter kit, but it is vital that you ask yourself who you are buying for and what you/they want to be able to do with the guitar before you buy. Some guitars, like the LyxPro Full Size Electric Guitar with 20w Amp, are more suitable for children, why guitars like the Epiphone Les Paul are better for adults and individuals who plan to stick with their beginner guitar for a little longer.
And don’t forget the strings. The harder you shred the more frequently you will need to put on fresh strings. Check out our review of the best electric guitar strings for beginners to find the right ones for your style of playing.