The Top 5 Metronomes Reviewed
Metronomes have been utilized by musicians for centuries now. In fact, it is well-known that a number of the most famous and successful composers have used metronomes. Beethoven would be a prime example of this! But, what is a metronome? This is essentially a device that keeps regular ticks or beats so that musicians can keep to the tempo or beat of a song. There is no denying that it is a useful product for musicians to use today. At the same time, though, if you have done a quick search online you may be feeling a little bit overwhelmed when it comes to the choices that are available in terms of purchasing this product. There is no need to panic, though, as we have got you covered. Continue reading to find out more about the different factors you should consider when looking for a metronome. We will also explain more about five of the best metronomes on the market today.
Other features metronomes today boast
Aside from keeping a steady beat, you will also find that the different metronomes that are available today may come with other features too. This is something you may want to consider during purchase. It is not a case of simply looking for a product with as many features as possible, as it all depends on what you are hoping to achieve from your metronome and what you are going to be using it for. For example, some of the different features that have become quite popular with metronomes today include…
- Tap tempo setting – this is when you tap the beat and then the metronome will continue at the same pace
- Multiple beat types – triplets, eight-notes, quarter-notes, and more
- Built-in drum beats
- Built-in guitar tuner
- A digitized swinging pendulum
- A unique sound or different colored light on the downbeat
What should you consider before buying?
Aside from the different features that you will get with the metronome, there are a number of different factors that you should consider when you are looking for metronomes. The first factor you need to look into is the shape of the metronome, and you will also want to consider the size of it too. Aside from this, the controls and displays differ from product to product, and so this is something else you will want to keep in mind. Other areas of consideration include visible and audible beats, as well as the tuner, patterns, and beat controls. Of course, the price is an important factor when purchasing any sort of product, and a metronome is no different. However, you should never buy based on price alone. You need to make sure that the metronome is right for you too.
1. BOSS DB-90
There is only one place to begin, and this is with the BOSS metronome. There is no denying that BOSS has an excellent reputation in the world of music technology. This product has three different click sounds, which gives you a good choice. You will also really enjoy the human voice count on this one if you are someone who gets irritated by the constant tick-tock. This metronome also has an input for your microphone, bass guitar, and guitar. Most people would agree that this is not just a metronome. It is a tool that is going to make your playing sessions a lot more enjoyable. It will speed up your musical development while also ensuring your recordings come out perfectly too.
- The most advanced metronome available. Trigger input to access unique Rhythm Coach exercises
- MIDI in for syncing to external sequencer temposPCM sounds with “drum machine” style patterns
- 50 memories.Human-voice count
Next on the list we have the metronome that has been created by Tempi. This metronome comes with a good warranty, which is two years. There are longer warranties, as you will soon discover. However, this is a pretty good one too! Another great thing about going for this metronome out of all of the different options available is the fact that you can get two months worth of free music lessons too. Who wouldn’t want to benefit from that? Of course, you may not think that you need any music lessons, but there is no harm when it is a free extra, is there? This metronome is suitable for all ages. It does not matter whether you have been playing instruments for a while now or you are looking for something for your child who is only just starting out; this metronome will be a good choice. This also makes it great for parents and children to use together for some great bonding time as well.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE AND 2 YEAR WARRANTY: Improve your timing and feel confident with your music skills or your money back!
- TEMPI MECHANICAL METRONOME establishes accurate musical timing, helps play at a proper pace, provides a firm sense of rhythm, develops finger agility and preciseness, shows a visual sense of timing from the pendulum and can be used by a music lover, beginner or musician of ANY age or experience!
- ACCURATELY PLAY THE MUSIC YOU LOVE! Prepare yourself for complements from the watching crowd after practicing with this metronome and reach, if not exceed their musical goals with Tempi! What are you waiting for?
- INCREDIBLE FEATURES: No batteries, average 20 minute wind for longer practice and less frustration, steel gears for durability, 40-208bpm for choosing any tempi, and easily adjustable/optional 0/2/3/4/6 beat bell! The outside is a beautiful plastic, mahogany grain veneer.
- THE SEARCH IS OVER: When you order now, you will be protected by our not one, but 2 YEAR WARRANTY! Because we care, as an added bonus, your Tempi metronome comes with a FREE E-BOOK and 2 MONTHS OF FREE ONLINE MUSIC LESSONS with our partner to help propel your success! Click add-to-cart now and improve your musical skills today!
If you want a three-in-one solution, this is a great option to consider. In the one small device, you are going to get a tone generator, a tuner, and a metronome. You are also going to get a little pouch for your device too. This is great if you are travelling frequently to gigs and such like. You will have something comfortable and useful to put your device in. There are a number of different rhythm patterns and beats with this device, as well as a range between 30 and 250 too. No matter what instrument you play, this metronome will tune it. Plus, the microphones are very sensitive too. One of the great things about going for this option over the different products that are available is the fact that you get a good manufacturer guarantee. This is three years. Therefore, if anything happens to your metronome during this period, you will either get a replacement or your money back. This is always a good sign of quality because it means that the company is confident that you are not going to need to return your device during this period because it has been so well made.
- 3 IN 1 DEVICE: The MetroPitch combines a Tuner, a Metronome, and a Tone Generator, all housed in a pocket-sized device. The included carrying pouch makes for easy transport to your next gig or practice.
- VERSATILE TUNER: The fast and accurate tuner boasts a wide range of A0-C8, various tuning modes, transposition settings, and pitch calibration. So whichever instrument you play, it's got you covered!
- TAP TEMPO METRONOME: With a broad range of 30-250 Beats Per Minute, tap tempo, and various beats and rhythm patterns, this metronome will improve your timing in a rich variety of musical styles.
- EASY TO USE: The intuitive JOG Dial let's you literally dial in your desired tempo quickly and easily. It also allows for making swift pitch selection in the Tone Generator, among many other functions.
- 3-YEAR MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE: In the unlikely event the KLIQ MetroPitch breaks or stops working, we'll replace it or give you 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
4. Korg TM60BK
This product is a revamp of the best-selling Kong ™ series, which enables you to use a metronome and tuner in a simultaneous manner. The ™-60 is the latest model, offering a bigger display screen. It shows you the metronome and tuner simultaneously. There have been dramatic improvements when it comes to the battery life of this model. You will be able to enjoy rhythm training and pitch training with this new model without having to worry about battery life or switching functions. There is also a newly designed battery compartment as well as a new stand. Plus, there is a convenient memory backup function. If you take a look at the reviews that have been left by others, you will see that there have been a lot of happy purchasers of this product. A lot of this has to do with the fact that not only is it effective but it is low in price too when you compare it with other models of a similar nature and with the same sort of features.
- Tuner and metronome functions can be used simultaneously or independently
- Large backlit display for improved visibility; twice the battery life of the tm-50
- A wide detection range of c1-c8 supports a broad range of instruments
- Metronome ranges from 30 to 252 beats/minute; three types of tempo settings and 15 rhythm variations
- Convenient memory backup function and Auto power-off function
Finally, we have the Mechanical Metronome by SOLO, which gives you the ability to keep track of both of your rhythm and your tempo. You can play your metronome with ease. It helps you to increase your musical awareness, play with accuracy, maintain tempo, and develop rhythm too. It is also suitable for the vast majority of musical instruments that are on the market today. If that was not enough, it is also suitable for all ages. You can purchase this metronome if you are looking for something that is suitable for beginners and even children. Plus, there is a three-year warranty with this product. This can give you complete peace of mind. After all, with a warranty this lengthy, it tends to indicate that there is a lot of quality. One thing that a lot of people have remarked on is the fact that this metronome is loud, so if you are looking for something with this quality, this SOLO product is certainly a great choice.
- PLAY YOUR FAVORITE PIECES WITH EASE!—This mechanical metronome helps you develop rhythm, maintain tempo, play accurately and increase your musical awareness.
- APPLICABLE FOR MOST MUSIC INSTRUMENTS—Produce rhythms at a proper pace when practicing piano, violin, guitar, bass, drum and other musical instruments.
- INCREDIBLE FEATURES—Audible click & bell ring to maintain the rhythm while reading music sheet; Wind up mechanism produce metrical beats, no battery required; Tempo range: 40-208 bpm; Beat selection:0,2,3,4,6.
- EASY TO USE EVEN FOR CHILDREN & BEGINNERS—Take out the brake, pull off the cover, adjust the beat and tempo, and then you are ready to use; An average single full wind (2160 clicks) lasts at least 18 minutes depending on the tempo;
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED—Help to improve your timing and musical skills or your money back. We provide 3 year manufacturer’s warranty and world class customer service. If you are unsatisfied with the metronome, please feel free to contact us.
So there you have it: some of the best metronomes that are on the market today. Hopefully, you have a better understanding of the different sorts of products that are available, as well as the different factors that you should consider when looking for the best metronome for you. If you go for one of the options that has been mentioned in this guide, we are sure that you will be more than happy with the product you purchase.
How To Use A Metronome And How It Works
Here is an excellent video on that explains how a metronome works, as well as shows how to use one: